About the Firm
Think Of Us As Your Legal Lifeguards
Sophisticated Legal Services in a Comfortable Environment
In 1976, Brad N. Baker and Kent Burton founded Baker & Burton after graduating from UCLA Law School under the Legal Aid Society in Venice, California. The firm moved to Hermosa Beach and later became Baker, Burton & Lundy after Albro Lundy joined the firm and became a partner in 1997. The firm grew in 2011 with the addition of trial attorney Evan Koch and transactional attorney Clint Wilson in 2015. BB&L added three new attorneys in 2020 – Brian Selogie in the transactional department, Stephen Semos in the litigation department and Mary Korkordian in the Estate Planning department. In 2020, attorney Alese Lesser joined our litigation team. The firm has a longtime support staff of other attorneys, paralegals and legal assistants. Our main areas of focus are:
- Business Law
- Business Litigation
- Construction Law
- Elder Abuse
- Employment Law
- Estate Planning
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Probate Litigation
- Real Estate
- Sexual Harassment
View a complete list of the legal services Baker, Burton & Lundy offers.
A Committed and Experienced Team
An invaluable support staff aids the experienced attorneys at Baker, Burton & Lundy. Many of the staff members have been with BB&L over ten and twenty years. This low turnover creates an incredibly competent and capable staff. Our team values the time and effort required to produce long-term, quality legal work. This is reflected in our decades-long relationships with clients, ranging from international clients like Skechers to the Hantzarides family, a local Manhattan Beach business owner. On top of legal work, Baker, Burton & Lundy finds time to work with and for our community, coach our children’s sports teams, and make it to the finals four of our last six years in Lawyer’s League Football. As founding partner Brad N. Baker says, “We’ve had more than our share of once in a lifetime successes.”
A BRIEF HISTORY OF BAKER, BURTON & LUNDY
- 1972 Brad Baker and Kent Burton meet on the football field at UCLA Law School. They discover kindred attitudes regarding sports and the law.
- 1976 Baker & Burton law firm is founded.
- 1976 With their first office located beneath Venice Legal Aid, Baker & Burton’s first clients are clients who were not accepted by Legal Aid.
- 1980 B&B purchase the 515 building on Pier Avenue, Hermosa Beach, and set up their office, where they remain to this day.
- 1984 B&B argue twice before the U.S. Supreme Court in Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance v. Russell (Breach of Fiduciary Duty case in ERISA).
- 1988 B&B become the only firm in LA County history to win the County Football Championship and the Landau A League BasketballChampionship in the same year.
- 1994 Albro L. Lundy III joins the firm to handle the personal injury and trial law cases.
- 1995 Kent Burton begins working with a local shoe company that sells shoes out of a garage. Today Skechers continues to be a valued client.
- 1997 Albro Lundy is invited to become a partner and the firm becomes Baker, Burton & Lundy.
- 2004 Two Multi-Billion Dollar Class Action Settlements against energy companies Sempra (SoCal Gas & SDG&E) and El Paso Natural Gas Company: these victories benefit the energy consumers of California.
- 2009 Albro Lundy awarded Trial Lawyer of the Year for California.
- 2011 Evan Koch joins the team in BB&L’s expanded Pier Avenue offices.
- 2013 Albro Lundy argues and wins before the California Supreme Court, making new law regarding 998 settlements in Brownco v. Martinez.
- 2014 Evan Koch is designated as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers.
- 2015 Clint Wilson joins the BB&L real estate and business team.
- 2018 Evan Koch becomes a partner at BB&L.
- 2020 Brian Selogie joins the real estate and business transactional team.
- 2020 Clint Wilson becomes a partner at BB&L and is named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers.
- 2020 Stephen Semos joins the litigation legal team.
- 2020 Mary Korkodian joins the estate planning and probate group.
- 2022 Alese Lesser joins the litigation legal team.
CONTACT US TODAY
We're here for all of your legal needs.
Verdicts and Settlements
- $2.3 Billion – Unfair Business Practices
- $1.7 Billion – Anti-Trust / Conspiracy
- $11.6 Million – Road Design/Dangerous Conditions
- $8 Million – Products Liability
- $5.5 Million – Medical Malpractice
- $4.6 Million – Insurance Bad Faith
- $4 Million – Slip & Fall / Brain Damage
- $3.8 Million – Automotive Defect
- $3.6 Million – Wrongful Death / Bicycle Accident
- $3.1 Million – Electrical Burn Injury
- $2.3 Million – Medical Malpractice
- $2 Million – Products Liability / Burn Injury
- $1.625 Million – Motorcycle v. Automobile
- $1.4 Million – Mortuary Negligence / Breach of Contract
Click here to view a more complete list of our verdicts and settlements.