Albro L. Lundy III
A Trial Lawyer Who is Your Advocate
Albro L. Lundy III is a highly respected litigator whose successes in the courtroom include numerous seven and eight-figure verdicts and settlements. Taking after his fighter pilot father (POW/MIA Maj. Albro L. Lundy, Jr.), Albro fights for what is right and stands on the side of truth and justice. He brings his deeply caring attitude and years of experience to each client’s cause. Albro gets results for clients.
- Winning a unanimous affirmative verdict from the California Supreme Court on the use of 998 offers for settlements. The resulting new law will aid the settlement process and help reduce litigation.
- Prosecuting an anti-trust conspiracy against some of the world’s largest energy companies, responsible for the California energy crisis of 2000-2001. Billions of dollars were recovered and saved.
- Winning an eight-figure verdict against Cal-Trans for its dangerous roads, making the state’s roads safer for everyone.
- Receiving the Consumer Attorneys of California Trial Lawyer of the Year award.
Expert Personal Injury Attorney
In addition, Albro has over 35 years of experience working on cases that include car accidents, motorcycle, truck, airplane and boating accidents, product defects, medical malpractice, workplace incidents, wrongful death, civil rights, dangerous roads, burns, breach of contracts, business disputes and others. Albro is a member of the California Consumer Attorneys Association, the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles and the American Association for Justice, organizations that focus on protecting the injured and oppressed. He is also a founding member of the 8th Street Lawyers, a group of trial lawyers from both the plaintiff and defense bar who have come together to promote civility in the legal profession.
Advocacy Outside The Courtroom
From small towns to Congress, inside and outside of the courtroom, Albro has stood up for what’s right. He worked with Muhammad Ali, Al Gore and Ross Perot to advocate for the release of American prisoners still believed to be held hostage by the Vietnamese government. Albro met with then-Senator Gore to convince him to cast the deciding vote to form a critical Senate Select Committee to investigate Government malfeasance. Albro has argued and delivered sworn testimony before both the Senate and House of Representatives. His stand for the defenseless attracted the attention of media and he has appeared on Larry King Live, Good Morning America, the Ronald Reagan Show and Crossfire.
To those who are given much, much is expected. Albro Lundy takes this verse very seriously. Since 1986, Albro has been involved with Plant with Purpose, a non-profit that works to reverse deforestation and poverty. He served on its Board of Directors for ten years and he is currently general counsel. Albro strongly believes in the life-saving importance of donating blood. He has been donating since he was 16 years old and has donated over 150 pints. Albro is also a member of the St. Lawrence Martyr Parish in Redondo Beach and served on its Parish Council for six years.
- California, 1986
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit, 1987
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1986
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1986
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
- J.D., 1985
- University of California, Los Angeles
- B.A. Business Economics, 1981
- Chancellor’s Marshall for Outstanding Citizenship
- CORO Fellow, Los Angeles, 1981-82
Areas of Legal Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Probate Litigation
- Mortuary Negligence
- Sexual Abuse & Misconduct
- Employment Law
- Construction Law
- Civil Litigation
- Land Use Zoning, Neighborhood Compatibility
Honors and Awards
- Earned AV Preeminent Rating
- Received Super Lawyer designation 2008-2017
- 2009 CAOC Trial Lawyer of the Year for California
- 2009 CAALA Attorney of the Year Nominee
- St. John Fisher Distinguished Alumni Award
- Lawrence Martyr, Light of Christ Award with Cathi Lundy, 2012
- Angel of Archdiocese of Los Angeles, Catholic Charities, 2015
Pro Bono Activities
- Los Angeles Superior Court Judicial Settlement Officer. 1991-Present
- Plant With Purpose
- Los Angeles Engaged Encounter of Los Angeles
- St. Lawrence Martyr Catholic Church
- Archdiocese of Los Angeles
South Bay Community Service
- Hermosa Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Mock Trial Coach, Palos Verdes High School 2008-2012
- Mock Trial Coach, Palos Verdes Peninsula High School 2013-2015
- UCLA Phi Kappa Psi Alumni Board
- American Leadership Academy Speaker
- Donated 153 pints of Blood
News About Albro
When you are an attorney, your clients don’t often call you with good news in their lives. Usually someone is calling because they are facing a difficulty, sometimes a very big one in their life.
All Souls Day and Día de Los Muertos are celebrated around the world to honor the dead. Unfortunately in some mortuary negligence cases sometimes the dead are not allowed to rest in peace.
Muhammad Ali finally traveled to Vietnam to fight for POWs with attorney Albro Lundy III to help find his father, Major Albro Lynn Lundy Jr., lost in Laos.
Albro Lundy argued before the California Supreme Court to change the use of 998 settlement offers and allow for the use of multiple offers to be taken into consideration for awarding expert fees in the Brownco v. Martinez case. The Court decided unanimously to allow...
The state Supreme Court endorsed the expansive application of a unique settlement offer that raises the stakes for civil defendants who go to trial, with the stated purpose of encouraging cases to resolve early.
Since he moved to Palos Verdes in the mid-1990s, Torrance Memorial Medical Center has been Albro Lundy’s preferred place to donate blood. He goes in every two to three months.
Peninsula resident Albro Lundy III, who has helped win billions of dollars for California consumers through energy lawsuits, has added the title Trial Attorney of the Year for his dogged work in an accident case that has improved the safety of state roadways.
When Clete Schmidt got in a horrific accident at a rural T-intersection that left him a quadriplegic, Baker, Burton & Lundy made sure that California roadway managers Caltrans were brought to court for their negligent management of the dangerous intersection that caused Schmidt’s life-changing accident.
Albro Lundy, a partner in the law firm Baker, Burton and Lundy, was recently named 2009 Trial Attorney of the Year by the Consumer Attorneys of California. The organization honored him because he helped win an $11.6 million lawsuit against Caltrans for a man who was turned quadriplegic and dependent on a ventilator, due to a lack of warning signs to motorists at an intersection in rural California.