Albro L. Lundy III
Albro L. Lundy III
A Trial Lawyer Who is Your Advocate
Albro L. Lundy III is a highly respected litigator whose successes in the courtroom include numerous seven and eight-figure verdicts and settlements. Taking after his fighter pilot father (POW/MIA Maj. Albro L. Lundy, Jr.), Albro fights for what is right and stands on the side of truth and justice. He brings his deeply caring attitude and years of experience to each client’s cause. Albro gets results for clients.
- Winning a unanimous affirmative verdict from the California Supreme Court on the use of 998 offers for settlements. The resulting new law will aid the settlement process and help reduce litigation.
- Prosecuting an anti-trust conspiracy against some of the world’s largest energy companies, responsible for the California energy crisis of 2000-2001. Billions of dollars were recovered and saved.
- Winning an eight-figure verdict against Cal-Trans for its dangerous roads, making the state’s roads safer for everyone.
- Receiving the Consumer Attorneys of California Trial Lawyer of the Year award.
Expert Personal Injury Attorney
In addition, Albro has over 35 years of experience working on cases that include car accidents, motorcycle, truck, airplane and boating accidents, product defects, medical malpractice, workplace incidents, wrongful death, civil rights, dangerous roads, burns, breach of contracts, business disputes and others. Albro is a member of the California Consumer Attorneys Association, the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles and the American Association for Justice, organizations that focus on protecting the injured and oppressed. He is also a founding member of the 8th Street Lawyers, a group of trial lawyers from both the plaintiff and defense bar who have come together to promote civility in the legal profession.
Advocacy Outside The Courtroom
From small towns to Congress, inside and outside of the courtroom, Albro has stood up for what’s right. He worked with Muhammad Ali, Al Gore and Ross Perot to advocate for the release of American prisoners still believed to be held hostage by the Vietnamese government. Albro met with then-Senator Gore to convince him to cast the deciding vote to form a critical Senate Select Committee to investigate Government malfeasance. Albro has argued and delivered sworn testimony before both the Senate and House of Representatives. His stand for the defenseless attracted the attention of media and he has appeared on Larry King Live, Good Morning America, the Ronald Reagan Show and Crossfire.
To those who are given much, much is expected. Albro Lundy takes this verse very seriously. Since 1986, Albro has been involved with Plant with Purpose, a non-profit that works to reverse deforestation and poverty. He served on its Board of Directors for ten years and he is currently general counsel. Albro strongly believes in the life-saving importance of donating blood. He has been donating since he was 16 years old and has donated over 160 pints. Albro is also a member of the St. Lawrence Martyr Parish in Redondo Beach and served on its Parish Council for six years.
- California, 1986
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit, 1987
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1986
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1986
MEET OUR ATTORNEYS
Albro L. Lundy III
Areas of Legal Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Probate Litigation
- Mortuary Negligence
- Sexual Abuse & Misconduct
- Employment Law
- Construction Injuries
- Civil Litigation
- Land Use Zoning, Neighborhood Compatibility
Honors and Awards
- Earned AV Preeminent Rating
- Received Super Lawyer designation 2008-2022
- 2009 CAOC Trial Lawyer of the Year for California
- 2009 CAALA Attorney of the Year Nominee
- St. John Fisher Distinguished Alumni Award
- Lawrence Martyr, Light of Christ Award with Cathi Lundy, 2012
- Angel of Archdiocese of Los Angeles, Catholic Charities, 2015
- Adrian Award from Plant With Purpose with Cathi Lundy 2021
- National Trial Lawyers Top 100 2021-2022
Pro Bono Activities
- Los Angeles Superior Court Judicial Settlement Officer. 1991-Present
- Plant With Purpose
- Los Angeles Engaged Encounter of Los Angeles
- St. Lawrence Martyr Catholic Church
- Archdiocese of Los Angeles
South Bay Community Service
- Hermosa Beach Chamber of Commerce
- CORO Board of Advisors
- Mock Trial Coach, Palos Verdes High School 2008-2012
- Mock Trial Coach, Palos Verdes Peninsula High School 2013-2015
- UCLA Phi Kappa Psi Alumni Board
- American Leadership Academy Speaker
- Donated 170 pints of Blood
“We’re back better than what we were before the accident even happened and it’s all because of Albro and the Baker, Burton & Lundy personal injury team.”