Brian Triplitt Selogie
Transactional Attorney with Litigation Expertise
Brian Triplitt Selogie is an attorney with Baker, Burton & Lundy’s transactional practice team. Brian represents and advises individual and corporate clients regarding an array of matters, with a focus on real estate and business transactions, as well as corporate formation, operation, compliance, and dissolution. As a transactional attorney with a decade of litigation experience, Brian has developed a unique and singular understanding of the potential for conflict, litigation, and liability arising out of various business relationships, contracts, corporate affairs, and transactions. The diversity of Brian’s experience- as a person and a professional- makes him an adroit advocate on behalf of his clients.
Brian graduated from the University of Southern California with his Bachelor of Arts and cum laude from Vermont Law School with his Juris Doctor and Master of Environmental Law and Policy. After litigating with large and mid-sized firms in a range of fields including corporate law, environmental law, water rights, insurance coverage, appellate law, and professional liability, he narrowed his practice to focus on real estate, business transactions, and corporate affairs.
A devoted student of life and the law, Brian values the opportunity to learn, evolve, and cultivate a dynamic legal practice in order to meet the ever-changing needs of his clientele. Brian values his client relationships and he approaches the practice of law with civility, deep intellectual curiosity, and a great respect for precise and effective legal writing.
Brian was a member of the NCAA Division I Men’s Volleyball Team at the University of Southern California. He served as the Captain and Vice President of the Vermont Law School Rugby Football Club. A dedicated athlete, he understands that discipline, preparation, and full commitment are indispensable to the pursuit of excellence.
Committed to the South Bay
Brian is a proud South Bay native. He is a lifelong surfer and skier, and he competes annually in the Catalina Classic, a 32 mile open-ocean paddleboard race from Catalina Island to the Manhattan Beach Pier.
- State Bar of California, 2011
- State Bar of Colorado, 2013
- United States District Court for the Central District of California, 2013
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California, 2015
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2013
- Vermont Law School
- Juris Doctor, 2011
- Master of Environmental Law and Policy, cum laude, 2011
- Staff Editor and Articles Editor of the Vermont Journal of Environmental Law
- Captain and Vice President of Vermont Law School Rugby Football Club
- University of Southern California
- B.A. Environmental Science, 2007
- Member of NCAA Division I Men’s Volleyball Team
- Member of the Pi Kappa Alpha International Fraternity
- California Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association