Hermosa Beach Trial Lawyer
Evan Koch is a member of Baker, Burton & Lundy’s litigation practice group. Since joining the firm, Evan has worked tirelessly as an advocate for his clients, winning millions of dollars in judgments and settlements for them. Recognized as an up and coming lawyer, Evan’s hard work ethic and quick intelligence have made him both a favorite with clients as well as a doer who gets results and esteemed by his peers. From 2014 – 2017, Evan has been recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers – an honor awarded to the top 2.5% of lawyers in the Southern California area under 40 years of age.
With a special focus on personal injury cases, Evan is committed to advocating for his clients who have been injured as a result of individual or corporate wrongdoing and ensuring his clients’ interests are fully and justly represented. His litigation experience includes personal injury cases as well as business and probate litigation cases.
Evan graduated with honors from Michigan State University in 2006. After college, Evan spent one year teaching English in Beijing, China before attending law school at the Washington College of Law at American University in Washington, DC, graduating cum laude in 2010. While in law school, Evan served as a Note & Comment Editor for the American University Law Review and clerked for the Honorable Reggie B. Walton at the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. Before joining Baker, Burton & Lundy, Evan also clerked for the Honorable Rex Heeseman at the Los Angeles Superior Court.
- California, 2011
- S. District Court Southern District of California, 2013
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, DC
- J.D., 2010, Cum Laude
- Law Review: American University Law Review, Note & Comment Editor
- Michigan State University, James Madison College
- B.A., International Relations and English, 2006
- Two-year Team Captain of the MSU Club Volleyball Team
Areas of Legal Practice
- Personal Injury
- Business Litigation
- Mortuary Negligence
- Employment Law
- Probate Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Clerk for Hon. Reggie B. Walton at the United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- Clerk for Hon. Rex Heeseman at the Los Angeles Superior Court
Honors & Awards
- Designated as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- South Bay Bar Association “Ask a Lawyer” Program
- Co-Chair of the Labor and Employment Section of the South Bay Bar Association
- Leadership Hermosa Beach, Class of 2014
Upcoming Changes to Employee Overtime Pay: What is the FLSA’s “Final Rule” and How Will it Affect Your Business?
By Evan Koch
A number of business owners have recently contacted our office regarding the Department of Labor’s (“DOL”) new overtime pay rule that is going into effect on December 1, 2016. These business owners are specifically wondering what this new overtime rule is and how it will affect their business.read more