Hermosa Beach Trial Lawyer
Partner Evan Koch is a member of Baker, Burton & Lundy’s litigation practice group. Since joining the firm, Evan has worked tirelessly as an advocate for his clients, winning millions of dollars in judgments and settlements for them. Recognized as an up and coming lawyer, Evan’s hard work ethic and quick intelligence have made him both a favorite with clients as well as a doer who gets results and is esteemed by his peers. From 2014 – 2018, Evan has been recognized as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers – an honor awarded to the top 2.5% of lawyers in the Southern California area under 40 years of age.
With a special focus on personal injury cases, Evan is committed to advocating for his clients who have been injured as a result of individual or corporate wrongdoing and ensuring his clients’ interests are fully and justly represented. His litigation experience includes personal injury cases such as car accidents, sexual abuse, trip and falls, and medical malpractice as well as business and probate litigation cases.
Over the years, Evan has obtained a number of favorable verdicts and settlements for his clients including:
- Confidential seven-figure settlement on behalf of a client who sustained a traumatic brain injury as a result of a trip and fall incident
- Confidential seven-figure settlement on behalf on an employee who was discriminated against and harassed by her employer
- $975,000 settlement on behalf of limited partners whose ownership interests in the partnership were wrongfully misappropriated by the general partner
- $400,000 confidential settlement on behalf of a client who went partially deaf due to a physician assistant’s medical negligence
Evan graduated with honors from Michigan State University in 2006. After college, Evan spent one year teaching English in Beijing, China before attending law school at the Washington College of Law at American University in Washington, DC, graduating cum laude in 2010. While in law school, Evan served as a Note & Comment Editor for the American University Law Review and clerked for the Honorable Reggie B. Walton at the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. Before joining Baker, Burton & Lundy, Evan also clerked for the Honorable Rex Heeseman at the Los Angeles Superior Court.
- California, 2011
- S. District Court Southern District of California, 2013
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, DC
- J.D., 2010, Cum Laude
- Law Review: American University Law Review, Note & Comment Editor
- Michigan State University, James Madison College
- B.A., International Relations and English, 2006
- Two-year Team Captain of the MSU Club Volleyball Team
Areas of Legal Practice
- Personal Injury
- Business Litigation
- Mortuary Negligence
- Employment Law
- Probate Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Clerk for Hon. Reggie B. Walton at the United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- Clerk for Hon. Rex Heeseman at the Los Angeles Superior Court
Honors & Awards
- Designated as a Rising Star by SuperLawyers 2014 – 2019
- Member of Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Member of the South Bay Bar Association and the Hon. Benjamin Aranda, III American Inns of Court
- Leadership Hermosa Beach, Class of 2014
Baker, Burton & Lundy is pleased to announce that trial lawyer Evan Koch has been made a partner. Evan’s skill in getting results for his clients was noticed by the legal community and he has been recognized as a Rising Star by SuperLawyers in 2014 – 2018.
Upcoming Changes to Employee Overtime Pay: What is the FLSA’s “Final Rule” and How Will it Affect Your Business?
A number of business owners have recently contacted our office regarding the Department of Labor’s (“DOL”) new overtime pay rule that is going into effect on December 1, 2016. These business owners are specifically wondering what this new overtime rule is and how it will affect their business.