Paralysis and Spinal Cord Injuries
Baker, Burton & Lundy: Award-Winning Southern California Personal Injury Attorneys Who Care
Paralysis is the loss of muscle function in one or more muscles, and may also include loss of feeling (sensory loss) in the affected area. It is most often caused by damage to the spinal cord. A spinal cord may be damaged by stroke, trauma or disease, but a spinal cord injury is caused by trauma rather than a health condition. Depending on where the spinal cord and nerve roots are damaged, the symptoms can vary widely, including:
- Loss of motor functions or sensation in the limbs or other body parts
- Loss of manual dexterity
- Loss of reflexes or balance
- Difficulty breathing
- Pain in the neck or spine
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Loss of sexual function
If the negligence of another has caused any of these conditions, we want to help you receive compensation for the impact this has had on your life and the lives of loved ones.
How BB&L Helps Spinal Cord Injury Victims
Medical bills from spinal cord injuries and paralysis often far exceed available medical insurance coverage, threatening families already struggling to recover physically and emotionally with bankruptcy and debt. If you or a loved one suffered a spinal cord injury or paralysis due to the negligence of another, an experienced litigator at Baker, Burton & Lundy can help you receive the financial compensation you deserve.
No amount of money can replace your loss or adequately compensate you, but an experienced attorney can help you hold the responsible party accountable and relieve the financial burden of this sudden loss. Our attorneys work closely with you to develop a specific understanding of the full impact the injury has had on your quality of life, your loved ones lives and your ability to work. We can help you calculate what would be fair compensation for your hospitalization costs and impacted ability to work. With the help of expert witnesses, we present the nature of the injury and its impact to the negotiators or jurors who have the power to resolve your legal claims. Our attorneys fight until we win the best possible outcome for our clients.
Past Success – Awards, Verdicts and Settlements
Head litigation attorney and partner Albro Lundy has nearly 30 years of trial experience and particular experience in spinal cord injury and paralysis litigation, including multiple multi-million dollar victories for personal injury and wrongful death claims. In 2009, Lundy was awarded Trial Lawyer of the Year for his work on a $11.6 million spinal cord injury case, Schmidt v. State of California. He is also listed in Los Angeles Magazine as a Southern California Super Lawyer from 2008-2012 in both personal injury and medical malpractice litigation. To review a more complete list of our personal injury case successes, please see the verdicts and settlements page.
Why Choose a Personal Injury Attorney at Baker, Burton & Lundy
Partner Albro Lundy III has over 30 years of trial experience and particular experience in personal injury litigation, including multiple multi-million dollar victories. With his associate Evan Koch, he and our litigation team work closely with your family to develop a specific understanding of the full impact of your loss. Then, we present your unique, compelling loss to the negotiators or jurors who have the power to resolve your legal claims.
At Baker, Burton & Lundy, our attorneys have successfully resolved many challenging personal injury claims. You can expect our attorneys to be both caring and tenacious in our efforts to recover maximum compensation for your family.
- Free personal injury one-on-one legal consultation
- You pay no attorney fees unless you get compensation
Take action today. Call our office or fill out the contact form below.
Verdicts and Settlements
- $2.3 Billion - Unfair Business Practices
- $1.7 Billion - Anti-Trust / Conspiracy
- $11.6 Million - Road Design/Dangerous Conditions
- $8 Million - Products Liability
- $5.5 Million - Medical Malpractice
- $4.6 Million - Insurance Bad Faith
- $4 Million - Slip & Fall / Brain Damage
- $3.8 Million - Automotive Defect
- $3.6 Million - Wrongful Death / Bicycle Accident
- $3.1 Million - Electrical Burn Injury
- $2.3 Million - Medical Malpractice
- $2 Million - Products Liability / Burn Injury
- $1.625 Million - Motorcycle v. Automobile
- $1.4 Million – Mortuary Negligence / Breach of Contract
Click here to view a more complete list of our verdicts and settlements.
To learn more about how Baker, Burton & Lundy’s experienced attorneys can represent or advise you, please call (310) 376-9893 or fill out the form below.
Personal Injury Practice Areas
View the complete list of our Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Birth Injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Defective Medical Devices
- Medication Mistakes & Dangerous Drugs
- Nursing Home & Elder Abuse
Products Liability and Toxic Tort
- Asbestos Injuries / Mesothilioma
- Products Liability / Defective Products
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Accountant Malpractice
- Architectural & Engineering Malpractice
- Broker Malpractice
- Legal Malpractice
- Molestation / Sexual Abuse
- Mortuary Negligence
- Pharmacy Malpractice
Unfair Business Practices
- Anti-trust Litigation
- Class Actions
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Lender Liability