Southern California Toxic Torts Attorneys
When exposure to a chemical causes injury or disease, a plaintiff’s claim against the responsible party is called a toxic tort lawsuit. Examples include exposure to toxic chemicals from consumer products, the environment, home or work, with exposure to pharmaceutical drugs and occupational exposures generally the most common.
Products liability, or defective products, sometimes falls within the category of toxic tort litigation but is also its own form of litigation, catching the occasional international headline for a dangerous toy or auto part recall.
If you or a loved one were seriously injured by a dangerous or poisonous product, Baker, Burton & Lundy’s personal injury litigation team can help.
Past cases have addressed illness or injury due to asbestos, breast implants and pharmaceuticals like L-Triptophan. We have also led a successful class action against a manufacturing plant whose uncovered disposal pit led to the dangerous inhalation of toxic chemicals by many members of a community.
Toxic Tort Expertise
BB&L, in Hermosa Beach, CA, has years of experience litigating many different kinds of toxic tort cases, in particular products liability. A product liability case can be expensive to develop and present because the attorney must demonstrate through research and expert opinions that an alternative to the defective design was both technologically and economically feasible. BB&L has the experience and resources to present such a case.
Proving causation in toxic tort is extremely complicated because it requires such extensive medical analysis. For example, cancer in a population with toxin exposure has to be connected to the particular toxin through scientific testing with a significant sample size. This requires the expense of testing a large number of people within the afflicted population and hiring an epidemiologist or infectious disease doctor to analyze the medical evidence. Albro Lundy has been through this process multiple times, and succeeded.
Why Choose a Personal Injury Attorney at Baker, Burton & Lundy
Partner Albro Lundy III has over 35 years of trial experience and particular experience in personal injury litigation, including multiple multi-million dollar victories. Along with his associates Evan Koch and Stephen Semos, our litigation team works closely with your family to develop a specific understanding of the full impact of your loss. Then, we present your unique, compelling loss to the negotiators or jurors who have the power to resolve your legal claims.
At Baker, Burton & Lundy, our attorneys have successfully resolved many challenging personal injury claims. You can expect our attorneys to be both caring and tenacious in our efforts to recover maximum compensation for your family.
- Free personal injury one-on-one legal consultation
- You pay no attorney fees unless you get compensation
Take action today. Call our office or fill out the contact form below.
Verdicts and Settlements
- $2.3 Billion - Unfair Business Practices
- $1.7 Billion - Anti-Trust / Conspiracy
- $11.6 Million - Road Design/Dangerous Conditions
- $8 Million - Products Liability
- $5.5 Million - Medical Malpractice
- $4.6 Million - Insurance Bad Faith
- $4 Million - Slip & Fall / Brain Damage
- $3.8 Million - Automotive Defect
- $3.6 Million - Wrongful Death / Bicycle Accident
- $3.1 Million - Electrical Burn Injury
- $2.3 Million - Medical Malpractice
- $2 Million - Products Liability / Burn Injury
- $1.625 Million - Motorcycle v. Automobile
- $1.4 Million – Mortuary Negligence / Breach of Contract
Click here to view a more complete list of our verdicts and settlements.
To learn more about how Baker, Burton & Lundy’s experienced attorneys can represent or advise you, please call (310) 376-9893 or fill out the form below.
Personal Injury Practice Areas
View the complete list of our Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Birth Injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Defective Medical Devices
- Medication Mistakes & Dangerous Drugs
- Nursing Home & Elder Abuse
Products Liability and Toxic Tort
- Asbestos Injuries / Mesothilioma
- Products Liability / Defective Products
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Accountant Malpractice
- Architectural & Engineering Malpractice
- Broker Malpractice
- Legal Malpractice
- Molestation / Sexual Abuse
- Mortuary Negligence
- Pharmacy Malpractice
Unfair Business Practices
- Anti-trust Litigation
- Class Actions
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Lender Liability