Albro Lundy: Motorcycle Accident Lawyer and Trial Lawyer of the Year
Motorcycle drivers face serious risks, as shown by these troubling statistics:
- In TWO-THIRDS of motorcycle accidents involving another vehicle, the driver of the other vehicle violated the motorcycle rider’s right of way and caused the accident.
- Motorcyclists are over TWENTY-FIVE TIMES more likely to die in a crash than someone riding in a passenger car.
- They are five times more likely to be injured.
Baker, Burton & Lundy’s litigation team head Albro Lundy III knows motorcycles and is an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer. He has been riding motorcycles since he was ten years old, both on the highways and off-road on dirt bikes. He understands the hazards of riding and he understands the law and how it is designed to protect riders from those hazards. His personal experience gives him an edge and makes him a leader in the area of motorcycle litigation.
Some of the unique hazards motorcycle riders face are poor visual recognition by others on the road, road hazards and speed wobble accidents. The danger of these unique hazards is compounded by the lack of any substantial protective barriers between a motorcycle, other drivers and the road. When a motorcycle is hit, the injuries are almost always severe. It can lead to head injuries, other catastrophic injuries, and in the worst cases wrongful death.
It is an unfortunate reality that auto insurance companies do not always offer a fair deal to motorcyclists. Insurance companies frequently use the public’s bias against motorcycle riders, all too often offering them nothing and accusing them of being at fault in the accident, even when they were not. Regardless of the sum they offer or the perceived severity of your injuries, we do not recommend accepting a settlement without first discussing it with a qualified motorcycle accident lawyer.
Our Approach to Motorcycle Accident Cases
After a bad motorcycle accident, no amount of money can replace your loss or adequately compensate you, but an experienced attorney like Albro Lundy can help you hold the responsible party accountable and relieve the financial burden of your loss. The litigation team at Baker, Burton & Lundy, located in Hermosa Beach, CA, has experience effectively countering the bad-faith tactics of insurance companies. We will act immediately to preserve your rights and take over negotiations with the wrongdoer’s insurance company for you.
Once we’ve accepted your case, we will do everything in our power to build the most powerful and persuasive case possible against the negligent party. In fact, our firm has preserved critical evidence at accident scenes days after the accident that the police simply overlooked. This type of evidence, combined with thorough trial preparation and extensive expert testimony, wins cases.
Part of our thorough trial preparation involves our personal injury attorneys working closely with you to develop a specific understanding of the motorcycle accident and the impact it’s had upon your life. They also work directly with investigators and accident re-constructionists to:
- Determine how the accident occurred using evidence such as statements, skid marks and vehicle damage
- Placement of fault/negligence in the accident, and
- If or what events might have exacerbated the accident
Once this information is collected, we present it along with your own recollection of the accident to the negotiators or jurors who have the power to resolve your legal claims. We understand the prejudice that motorcycle riders can face in the courtroom: that they were “asking for it” and assumed to be driving recklessly. We counter these misconceptions by educating the jury and make sure they understand that motorcyclists are, in fact, often more safety conscious than the majority of drivers and are more likely to have taken additional safety and training courses not required for auto drivers.
Our attorneys fight until we win the best possible outcome for our clients. Baker, Burton & Lundy will always look out for your best interests, both in the present and for the future.
Why Choose a Personal Injury Attorney at Baker, Burton & Lundy
Partner Albro Lundy III has over 30 years of trial experience and particular experience in personal injury litigation, including multiple multi-million dollar victories. With his associate Evan Koch, he and our litigation team work closely with your family to develop a specific understanding of the full impact of your loss. Then, we present your unique, compelling loss to the negotiators or jurors who have the power to resolve your legal claims.
At Baker, Burton & Lundy, our attorneys have successfully resolved many challenging personal injury claims. You can expect our attorneys to be both caring and tenacious in our efforts to recover maximum compensation for your family.
- Free personal injury one-on-one legal consultation
- You pay no attorney fees unless you get compensation
Take action today. Call our office or fill out the contact form below.
Verdicts and Settlements
- $2.3 Billion - Unfair Business Practices
- $1.7 Billion - Anti-Trust / Conspiracy
- $11.6 Million - Road Design/Dangerous Conditions
- $8 Million - Products Liability
- $5.5 Million - Medical Malpractice
- $4.6 Million - Insurance Bad Faith
- $4 Million - Slip & Fall / Brain Damage
- $3.8 Million - Automotive Defect
- $3.6 Million - Wrongful Death / Bicycle Accident
- $3.1 Million - Electrical Burn Injury
- $2.3 Million - Medical Malpractice
- $2 Million - Products Liability / Burn Injury
- $1.625 Million - Motorcycle v. Automobile
- $1.4 Million – Mortuary Negligence / Breach of Contract
Click here to view a more complete list of our verdicts and settlements.
To learn more about how Baker, Burton & Lundy’s experienced attorneys can represent or advise you, please call (310) 376-9893 or fill out the form below.
Personal Injury Practice Areas
View the complete list of our Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Birth Injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Defective Medical Devices
- Medication Mistakes & Dangerous Drugs
- Nursing Home & Elder Abuse
Products Liability and Toxic Tort
- Asbestos Injuries / Mesothilioma
- Products Liability / Defective Products
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Accountant Malpractice
- Architectural & Engineering Malpractice
- Broker Malpractice
- Legal Malpractice
- Molestation / Sexual Abuse
- Mortuary Negligence
- Pharmacy Malpractice
Unfair Business Practices
- Anti-trust Litigation
- Class Actions
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Lender Liability