Baker, Burton & Lundy: Award-Winning Truck Accident Attorneys Who Care
Accidents involving commercial trucks and cars are often catastrophic due to the size disparity between the vehicles: a loaded large commercial truck can weigh 80,000 pounds, while the average passenger car weighs only 3,000 pounds. Statistics show that truck drivers are generally much more careful on the road than automobile drivers, but accidents happen. When they do, consider calling a truck accident lawyer at Baker, Burton & Lundy for a free consultation.
In all vehicle accidents, the party who acted carelessly, didn’t follow safe practices and/or disobeyed road laws is labeled the party at fault. In court, this is called negligence, and they look to a number of factors when making this determination, including (but not limited to) the following in truck accident situations:
- Disobeying road signs or signals
- Failure to conduct proper maintenance on dangerous equipment
- Driving faster or slower than the posted speed limit
- Failing to signal when turning or changing lanes
- Failing to accommodate weather or traffic conditions
- Carrying unbalanced or overweight loads/improperly restraining loads
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Engaging in illegal behavior such as talking on a cell phone without a “hands free” device
- Driver fatigue and/or hectic delivery schedules
- Insufficient screening of hired drivers by trucking companies
There are also truck accident cases in which neither party is at fault, but the accident was caused by a defect in someone’s vehicle. In these cases it falls under the law of product liability and the responsible party may be the party who manufactured, supplied or was responsible for the maintenance of the defective part. Finally, additional factors such as dangerous, poorly maintained roads or malfunctioning traffic signals can also contribute to accidents.
It is an unfortunate reality that the insurance companies who insure trucks do not always offer a fair deal. Regardless of the sum they offer or the perceived severity of your injuries, we do not recommend accepting a settlement without first discussing it with a qualified truck accident attorney.
How Baker, Burton & Lundy Helps Truck Accident Victims
After a bad truck accident, no amount of money can replace your loss or adequately compensate you, but an experienced attorney can help you hold the responsible party (or parties) accountable and relieve the financial burden of your loss.
The litigation team at Baker, Burton & Lundy has experience effectively countering the bad-faith tactics of insurance companies. We will act immediately to preserve your rights and take over negotiations with the wrongdoer’s insurance company for you. It is also important to identify as many potential defendants as possible from the beginning of your case. In truck accidents, the truck driver is often not the only responsible party, with trucking companies, contractors, employers and insurance companies also potentially obligated to compensate you for any damage sustained during the accident.
Once we’ve accepted your case, we will do everything in our power to build the most powerful and persuasive case possible against the negligent party or parties. Litigating a truck accident is expensive due to the many types of experts required, but our firm has the financial resources and trucking field experts you need. Your case will not be lost because our firm failed to supply adequate resources.
Part of our thorough trial preparation involves our attorneys working closely with you to develop a specific understanding of the accident and the impact it’s had upon your life. They also work directly with investigators and accident re-constructionists to determine:
- How the accident occurred using evidence that includes statements, skid marks and vehicle damage
- Placement of fault/negligence in the accident, and
- If or what events might have exacerbated the accident
Once this information is collected, we present it along with your own recollection of the accident to the negotiators or jurors who have the power to resolve your legal claims. Our attorneys fight until we win the best possible outcome for our clients.
Success with Truck and Vehicle Accident Cases
Partner and head litigator Albro Lundy has almost 30 years of trial experience and particular experience in auto accident litigation, including multiple multi-million dollar victories for vehicle accidents. In the Devries case, an 18-wheeler truck ran over a motorcyclist, changing that young man’s life forever. Multiple attorneys had turned down the case because the police had determined it was the motorcyclist’s fault. Albro Lundy and his legal team were able to track down lost evidence and witnesses, enabling BB&L to prove liability against the trucking company and win our client the millions needed to care for this brain damaged young man for the rest of his life.
Why Choose a Personal Injury Attorney at Baker, Burton & Lundy
Partner Albro Lundy III has over 30 years of trial experience and particular experience in personal injury litigation, including multiple multi-million dollar victories. With his associate Evan Koch, he and our litigation team work closely with your family to develop a specific understanding of the full impact of your loss. Then, we present your unique, compelling loss to the negotiators or jurors who have the power to resolve your legal claims.
At Baker, Burton & Lundy, our attorneys have successfully resolved many challenging personal injury claims. You can expect our attorneys to be both caring and tenacious in our efforts to recover maximum compensation for your family.
- Free personal injury one-on-one legal consultation
- You pay no attorney fees unless you get compensation
Take action today. Call our office or fill out the contact form below.
Verdicts and Settlements
- $2.3 Billion - Unfair Business Practices
- $1.7 Billion - Anti-Trust / Conspiracy
- $11.6 Million - Road Design/Dangerous Conditions
- $8 Million - Products Liability
- $5.5 Million - Medical Malpractice
- $4.6 Million - Insurance Bad Faith
- $4 Million - Slip & Fall / Brain Damage
- $3.8 Million - Automotive Defect
- $3.6 Million - Wrongful Death / Bicycle Accident
- $3.1 Million - Electrical Burn Injury
- $2.3 Million - Medical Malpractice
- $2 Million - Products Liability / Burn Injury
- $1.625 Million - Motorcycle v. Automobile
- $1.4 Million – Mortuary Negligence / Breach of Contract
Click here to view a more complete list of our verdicts and settlements.
To learn more about how Baker, Burton & Lundy’s experienced attorneys can represent or advise you, please call (310) 376-9893 or fill out the form below.
Personal Injury Practice Areas
View the complete list of our Personal Injury Practice Areas
- Birth Injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Defective Medical Devices
- Medication Mistakes & Dangerous Drugs
- Nursing Home & Elder Abuse
Products Liability and Toxic Tort
- Asbestos Injuries / Mesothilioma
- Products Liability / Defective Products
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Accountant Malpractice
- Architectural & Engineering Malpractice
- Broker Malpractice
- Legal Malpractice
- Molestation / Sexual Abuse
- Mortuary Negligence
- Pharmacy Malpractice
Unfair Business Practices
- Anti-trust Litigation
- Class Actions
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Lender Liability