Real Estate Law
Expert Contract & Transactional Attorneys
A primary focus of Baker, Burton & Lundy’s practice is real estate law. Our real estate legal team is led by attorney Kent Burton, a renowned veteran in the field, and includes Clint Wilson, Brian Selogie, Teresa Klinkner supported by an experienced staff of paralegals and legal assistants.
Our Renowned Real Estate Law Practice at Baker, Burton & Lundy
Our firm represents buyers and sellers, developers, contractors, investors, brokers, escrow companies, lenders, borrowers, landlords and tenants. Many of our clients have been with us for decades, and as they have grown we have helped them achieve their real property goals whether local or national.
Our Principal Goals are to:
Complete the transaction (get the deal done!) and provide adequate client protection through careful negotiation and precise drafting. We pride ourselves in our practical approach, attention to detail, and one-on-one representation. Our substantial background knowledge of the law and the real estate industry provides a distinct advantage to our clients when analyzing, assessing and negotiating their real estate matters. Kent Burton’s years of litigation experience make him particularly attentive and adept at avoiding litigation when negotiating and drafting agreements. Baker, Burton & Lundy believes that with good planning and quality contracts, many business disputes can be avoided and significant money saved, building successful and productive business relationships in the process.
Our Diverse Client Base
Baker, Burton & Lundy’s real estate law team represents all sizes of organizations, from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies and also works with individual clients. We focus on one-on-one relationships with a select group of clients so that we can ensure each organization receives the attention it deserves.
Our Real Estate Legal Services
- Commercial Leasing
- Real Estate Transactions (Purchases, Sales and Exchanges)
- Real Estate Financing
- Escrow Agency Law & Procedure
- Broker Representation, Liability & Failure to Disclose
- Title and Vesting Analysis and Title Insurance Requirements
- Contractor, Subcontractor and Architect Agreements
- Development and Syndication Services
- Property Management and Brokerage Agreements
- Easements, CC&R’s and Adjacent Landowner Agreements
- Coordination of Entitlement, Due Diligence and Environmental Investigations
- Tax-Deferred Exchanges
- Specific Performance, Quiet Title, and Partition Actions
- Property Tax Reduction Claims
- New Entity Formation
- Purchase & Sale Agreements
To learn more about how Baker, Burton & Lundy’s experienced attorneys can represent or advise you, please call (310) 376-9893 or fill out the form below.